Do you ever feel overwhelmed when it comes to cleaning your home? Have you wondered how often you should clean certain areas of your home? Let us help you break down chores that should be done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. In addition, we will help you delegate what should be cleaned throughout certain points of the year.
Daily Cleaning – By keeping up with these daily tasks, you will actually be
doing yourself a favor in the long run.
If able, delegate certain people in your home to complete these daily
chores at a set time of day, so that it becomes a habit. Before you know it, these daily tasks will
- Dirty dishes
- Wipe down kitchen counters and table
- Sweep kitchen floors
- Wipe down bathroom surfaces
- Squeegee shower walls
Weekly Cleaning – These weekly chores are best to be done on certain days of
the week. If you try to cram them all
into one day, you will most likely get overwhelmed and rush through the
work. For instance, make Mondays your
laundry day, Tuesdays your vacuuming days, etc.
By breaking chores down into chunks, it makes it more manageable and
- Mop kitchen and bathroom floors
- Clean mirrors
- Sweep/Vacuum floors
- Laundry (including bedding)
- Dust furniture
- Wipe down kitchen appliances
- Clean microwave
Monthly Cleaning – Through keeping up with your daily and weekly cleaning tasks,
your bigger monthly jobs should not be too much to tackle. By cleaning your household appliances on a
monthly basis, you will help to keep them in top-notch shape and ensure their
effectiveness. As always, it is best to
not save all of these bigger jobs for one day.
Perhaps you want to divvy them out throughout the month.
- Dust and clean light fixtures & ceiling fans
- Clean dishwasher, laundry machine and vacuum
- Vacuum woodwork and vents
- Dust blinds
Now that you have your daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists in order, let us help you focus your attention on bigger cleaning jobs that should be done about twice a year.
As spring time quickly
approaches, you may look at this as your Spring-Cleaning Checklist:
- Clean drapes and curtains
- Deep clean your carpet and area rugs
- Wash pillows and comforters
- Freshen drains and garbage disposals
- Deep clean your oven
- Wash and/or replace your shower curtain liner
- Vacuum furniture and mattress
- Clean patio surfaces and furniture
- Wash your windows and screens
- Clear out gutters
- Organize and clean out inside of fridge/freezer
If this Spring-Cleaning Checklist looks a little daunting to you, or you could use some assistance with day-to-day cleaning tasks, Landis at Home offers home help for seniors. Based out of Lancaster, PA, Landis at Home offers a variety of in-home services for seniors, ranging from light household chores to full housekeeping.
Here are just some of the cleaning services we offer our clients:
Light Household Chores
- Watering plants
- Emptying trash
- Tidying up of rooms
- Changing bedding
- Organizing drawers and filing books
- Laundry and ironing
- Meal preparation
- Wiping down of kitchen and bathroom surfaces
- Mopping of floors
- Polishing furniture
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms and kitchen
- Hard to reach areas of your home
Whether you need assistance once a year or on a more regular basis, our team of dedicated and trained professionals are happy to assist you. We can individualize our cleaning services to your direct needs. Call Landis at Home today at (717) 509-5800 or contact us via our website to inquire about our housekeeping assistance for seniors in Lancaster PA.